Chancellor and Thomas ready for training camp
By Matthew Burks • Seattle Seahawks • Kam Chancellor • Earl Thomas • Jun 4, 2017SEATTLE, WA - NOVEMBER 29: Safety Earl Thomas #29 of the Seattle Seahawks is pictured before a football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at CenturyLink Field on November 29, 2015 in Seattle, Washington. The Seahawks won the game 39-30. (Photo by Stephen Brashear/Getty Images)
- ESPN’s Sheil Kapadia reports that Earl Thomas is expected to be ready for the start of training camp after breaking his leg last season.
- Chancellor and Thomas are the second-highest-graded safety duo heading into the 2017 season.
- Thomas was ranked sixth among safeties with five pass breakups in 2016.
- Chancellor was ranked third at the position with 35 tackles resulting in a defensive stop.
- When throwing into their coverage, quarterbacks saw passer ratings of 68.9 (Kam Chancellor) and 43.0 (Earl Thomas).
- Last season, Chancellor and Thomas allowed just two touchdowns combined on throws into their coverage.